Sunday, October 03, 2010

SILENCE BROKEN

After a frenzied two weeks of political (I resigned) and medical activities, I decided to post an alert I'm still around.


I will be spending about a week at the Arkansas Heart Hospital in Little Rock to hopefully regain  control of atrial fibrillation, short is A-Fib, where a special oral tablet will carefully be subjected to titration for my body and circumstances.


If things go as expected, I am given 2 tablets a day and I can read, sleep, whatever I want while being evaluated. I am sure evaluated means wires hanging out of you in ever conceivable manner.


However, I was promised I may be able to take less meds which is comforting, too, at least as the ones related to heart and blood pressure.


So maybe I will be able to catch up on reading your blogs!! And my Kindle.


We have two laptops so HUSBAND gets the one that works the best at the nearby motel. Luckie gets the one that is near dead. HAH HAH.

15 comments:

Linda said...

This sounds like good news. I certainly hope you'll find great improvement with this treatment. I'll be interested in hearing more about it.

Rosaria Williams said...

Glad to hear from you. Good luck on this next phase.

Arkansas Patti said...

Good to hear from you but wires coming out of every crevice doesn't sound like fun. I am so glad you have your Kindle, they are so light that reading in bed is easy.
Hope they can find a way to lower your meds and improve your condition. Thanks for the update, and keep us informed.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and hope what they do for you this time works great and you will be feeling good as new very soon. Hugs

CHERI said...

I will be praying that this procedure will lead to better days ahead. At least you'll get to relax a few days and do some great reading! You take care and know that many are thinking of you and praying for a good outcome.

Lorna said...

Take advantage of the chance to have your feet up---and to get used to Kindle-reading.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Wishing you comfort during, and good results from, your stay at Arkansas Heart Hospital. Enjoy your Kindle, even if you don't/can't enjoy much else.

Hugs, P

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Hope your stay in the hospital is as pleasant as a hospital stay can be and that the new treatment will be an improvement for you. Enjoy your Kindle and laptop. I'll be thinking about you.

Liz Hinds said...

I hope you're managing to relax in spite of those wires.

And that you get sorted and an improvement in life quality.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, my...you'll be in my thoughts...what a way to spend your days!!! I would be so impatient with all that...I'll be praying for you!!! Love you much, Janine XO

Lisa said...

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I am thinking of you.

I hope you are doing well.

Lisa

Dimple said...

Glad to hear your still out there! Life gets hectic sometimes, doesn't it?
I hope your trial of the new med is successful.
Thanks for the visit; I was surprised how well that shot worked. And you're right, not many do work without significant tweaking!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

And Luckie gets the bad one. haha
That sounds about right. lol
goodness Luckie you really have been going through a lot. I hope when this is over you can enjoy yourself more and visit with me too. Tell hubby you need a new lap top for Christmas.
good luck hope there are not too many wires
Love
Maggie

Small City Scenes said...

So good to hear from you. It sounds like some good news and I hope that continues. Snuggle in with wires and all and I am sending good vibes your way. MB

CHERI said...

Sure hope things are going well. Please let us hear as soon as you can.