Wednesday, May 06, 2009

WEDNESDAY'S WAIT AND WEIGHT WARS

"GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WEIGHT, OOPS,WAIT! "

The scale and I are adversaries - maybe that's not the best metaphor. Maybe the scale is a necessary evil in this journey. Unfortunately, it is a necessary tool.


Wednesday's weigh-in produced a one lbs. loss - maybe the ignominious plateau is crumbling. It certainly is trying my patience as I perceive myself on controlled starvation.

Truthfully, at my age,calories are burned less efficiently and the activities which expedite the use of calories, i.e., increased physical activities, are slowed by old age aches, pains, and chronic illnesses.

But the moral of the adage, is PATIENCE, a virtue in which I am extremely deficient.

Meanwhile Luckie is enjoying her svelte figure and I am still WAITING... impatiently.

3 comments:

Amber Star said...

It is so depressing but I saw on some website yesterday that muscle mass drops at an alarming rate once you are past something like 40 to almost nothing when we are older. That just makes it so hard to build muscle so we can burn calories more effeciently. Oh well, I'll do the best I can with what I can do....Lucky Luckie and her svelte self.

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, I do so hate diets!!!! So discouraging... Great post! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for your kind comments! It's always a pleasure to make a new friend! And I see you are friends with Pat! Great! So nice to "meet" you! I've enjoyed my visit here! ~Janine

Arkansas Patti said...

Congrats on the one pound loss. That is the best way to lose and it wasn't a one pound gain. Way to go girl.
Most of us are in a catch 22, we need to lose weight so our joints will feel better but our aching joints won't let us exercise like we ehould. Aarrgh.Keep up the good work.