Monday, March 01, 2010

CREATION!


IIn Texas as a child I enjoyed the wide open spaces in to play and wander. I remember the flowers of the field, which miraculously 'didn't need planting' and were often weeds to others. There were clovers, thistles, sunflowers, wild daisies, dandelion, cockle burs (ugh!) , bluebonnets, Indian paintbrush and many others. Some flowers like sunflowers had very large blossoms, and others were so tiny I crushed them beneath my feet.

Later in botany/biology classes I marveled at the anatomy of a flower as well as many other plants, their interactions with climate and other nature, i.e., bees, birds, and man's creative designs like perfumes.

I marvelled how each species of plant or animal reproduced perfectly the anatomy of its predecessor. What kind of creative processes could be so predictive and precise!


Photos posted above should enlarge with double click or click. These are WalMart mums. The macro feature of my lens illustrates the marvel I have when communicating with nature. The petals of every flower (the reproductive system of angiosperms) are arranged in a certain geometric order which replicates itself season after season. Although not visible the root, stem and leaf arrangement is replicated for every plant.


The raindrops are add to the beauty of the flower.

The process or mind which created our universe wasand is perfect. You and I may have different ideas or names for this process or mind; regardless, it was and is omnipotent and perfect!

7 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Somehow as humans, we don't do quite as well. I guess it is because mums only breed with mums that they keep producing such lovely clones. It is only when man interfers that different varieties occur.
Amazing how we are so different in our reproductiion results. True, we humans all have arms, legs, head and trunk but that is about it when it comes to sameness.

Jinksy said...

I love the smell of chrysanthemums, so enjoyed this psuedo waft from your pink petals this morning. The raindrops were an added bonus!

faye said...

Beautiful !!
Great capture of the flower and raindrops.... such texture.

Rosaria Williams said...

Marvel of marvels.

Small City Scenes said...

I too marvel at the beauty and sameness of nature. Not a boring sameness but an incredible evercontinuing sameness.
And to think..from a tiny seed....

Miraculous.
MB

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Incredible photos!!!! So gorgeous!!! And beautiful words!!! Thank you, my dear friend!!! Love you so much! Janine XO

Patty said...

Beautiful mums, I love lavender and purple colored flowers. The rain drops rally set them off.