Wednesday, March 02, 2011

THAT FAT OLE RODENT

Hybrid Daffodil
Punxsutawney Phil, the perennial forecaster of Spring, who I grudgingly renamed the fat ole rodent, may be correct this year. That overweight rat did not even have his eyes open on Groundhog Day, at least the film footage I saw. The sun was shining brightly. Of course, you don't see the sun if your eyes are closed, or do you?


I have daffodils and crocus in full bloom, and other early spring growth pushing their signature leaves or buds through the still untilled earth, including my infamous Naked Ladies. 
Naked Lady Leaves
We thought we dug this clump
of bulbs up 2 years ago.
 
My literary efforts are somewhat limited with the medical appointments I and my husband have had recently. Fortunately, thankfully, his are pretty routine.

Yesterday, his VA male nurse practitioner is going to try to help him get a non-VA certified physician in the same clinic, so he can choose to be treated under private care locally, or, if  required,  in the VA system which means a trip to Little Rock. So one hurdle for him has been completed, we hope.

Nandina Bush
This bush never made up
its mind this past year
when it was supposed to
be green or red,  so it
has been both all winter
to date.
 Today I have an appearance on a local independent TV Channel along with one of my co-chairs to promote the expansion of calling area for our independent TeleCare organization. I will let you know when I get an Oscar, Grammy, whatever--HA! HA!


I WOWed  the local medical personnel this morning when I appeared well dressed (like for Sunday services) for the above appearance, but needed my allergy shot. I usually go the 4 blocks to the medical building in my scroungy tee shirts and baggy pants.


Tomorrow is THE DAY I have an appointment at the Cardiology Clinic. If I cannot get an appointment set for the ablation procedure, I will be looking another direction.

Nandina Berries
These berries appeared in late
Autumn and are still here
although a few are now
 shedding.
 This a.m. I talked to my half-sister who offered to help me access Baylor Heart Institute in Dallas. [My half-sister, half-brother and probably my recently deceased other half brother have atrial fibrillation, abbreviated A-Fib.

We would have some of my kin that would help my husband and he gets along well with them.


Either option, we have a sister who is willing to help my husband and I get through this event, which is scary, but not a major crisis, at least not at the moment.

Field Daffodils, Wildflowers, Weeds
These flowers do not seem to be very
particular about growing in a bed of
discarded cigarette butts.
 Is it not great to have sisters like this, neither of which live near us?

Our parents and, perhaps, grandparents are counted on as long as we have them. 


Do you have a sister, brother, aunt, uncle, friend, or someone who you especially depend on to "come to rescue" if needed?

Field Daffodils
These Daffodils are growing among
a row of burnt Yuccas which are also
regenerating new growth.


10 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Nice photos of the things growing around you. My Naked Ladies are up in full force with greenery now approaching 12" or more. I am marking where they are so I don't inadvertently put something on top of them after they die down.

I hope all goes well, and positively, with your medical appointments.

Yes, it's wonderful to have someone on whom you can depend. I'm fortunate to have three of my four children nearby, who will come running if I need them.

Lorna said...

I have a sister in Calgary who would come to me as fast as I would go to her. It's wonderful.

Arkansas Patti said...

It is wonderful if your Hubby doesn't have to go to LR for treatment. That is a loooong drive.
Do hope you can get the treatment you want locally but it is nice to have a plan B with family you can count on.
I don't live close to family but we are all close when it counts.
Hoping for the best at your clinic.

Anonymous said...

All the flowers are so pretty. It looks a lot more like spring at your place than here. Hope all turns out well for you and your hubby. I will be looking forward to hearing when you get that Oscar and or other awards. Hugs

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh baby I'm suck here in the middle of nowhere here in the Ozarks too and Fed Ex just delivered my brand new blender from CSN yesterday. I won a %50.00 gift code myself. It's an online store so anyone can shop!!! Your entered!!! Good luck!

I'm so jealous of your bloomers!!! I live in a 'frost' holler and everything is late, late,late. We'll have frost 'till May 15.

God bless and have a fantastic f
Friday sweetie!!!

Anonymous said...

If these scenes are current then you are way ahead of us here in southern Ohio. Jealous me.

Dimple said...

It is wonderful to have family and friends who will go out of their way to help you; I don't know what I would have done sometimes, otherwise!

I love your daffodils, even if they are growing among cigarette butts! We still have about a foot of snow over everything, and I am looking regularly for the little clump of snow drops to show itself.
The word verification is "sureties," and I'm positive that spring is one of them!

Richard Lawry said...

Love the daffodils. They are beautiful signs that Spring is on it's way!!

An Arkies Musings

Jinksy said...

Can't beat a daffodill for bravery! LOL

Small City Scenes said...

I love the daffs not only bvecause they are bright and cheeful but because it certaintly means Spring is near or here.
I hope your travelling to medical centers is soon taken care of and closer places are found .
I will watching the Grammys to see your name up in lights.
I am sure my children would take care of me if need be---not my siblings. My Mother is 95 (april 2nd) and i am there for her--always. MB