Monday, August 17, 2009

Great Balls of Fire! - Apologies to Jerry Lee Lewis

These photos are multiple shots of one sunset, August 15, in order of setting colors which started in yellow orange and ended with reddish sun with hues of magenta and blue. I took them from a road behind my cabin, not at the exact spot but general area, so some may appear out of order, but I may have been at a slightly different point on the road a tad to the right or left of center of the sunset.

I took another set today, Sunday. not sure they vary enough from these. To get the brilliant reds and oranges which reflect in water, it needs to rain and clear out the haze so there are sufficient colors in the sky AFTER the sun has already set. There is not much now.

11 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Wonderful shots. Guess the one with the sun cradled in the clouds was favorite. You really had a great view.
Arkansas really is beautiful.

Dimple said...

Pretty, pretty! My favorite is the first, because of the framing of the trees.

Carol Murdock said...

STUNNING ! LOVE IT! GREAT CAMERA!

Sandi McBride said...

Oh yes, Great Balls of Fire...lovely work here!
Sandi

Sweetie Pie said...

These are beautiful, and I love the photos in the previous post as well. I enjoyed the photo tour of your cabin. I hope you are having a wonderful time!

Betty said...

I love the one that looks like the sun is rolling down the wire. Great photos.

forever lost said...

Hey it was nice to hear from you! and these pictures are great!! I hope you can add me when you get home. My son was a pharmacist tech for 8 years and thought he wanted to be a pharmacist till two of his best mentors had to stop due to stress of the job on their hearts.

Anonymous said...

Woooohoooo this is nice. I liked all of them. Nice shots to be sure.

Rosaria Williams said...

Where are these pictures taken? Lovely cabin and environment in the previous post.

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, I'm with Abe, I like all of them. They are beautiful, Carol Ann.

We're getting some thunderstorms, so I'd better run. Look forward to more of your fantastic pictures.

Renie

Pat - Arkansas said...

A beautiful sunset; one of those that's soul-inspiring.