Sunday, May 10, 2009

Moody Monday

Mondays for my retiree status is like any other day--none of the usual work-day stress associated with Mondays, except occasionally.

Besides TeleCare today, I have three days of medical tests: Wednesday - mammogram and bone density scan; Thursday - blood work and cat scan of lungs for a small nodule my oncologist is following; and Friday - the proverbial INR/PT finger prick with brief physician appointment. Then a week from today (next Monday) I see the oncologist for results of blood work and cat scan and another physician appointment for allergy shot.

Thank goodness I have a shopping trip to the "big city" of Springfield, MO next week. I love to leave the mountains, only for awhile, go to where I can find items that are unavailable nearby smaller communities.

Anyone who has had cancer knows these follow-ups are approached with apprehension, even a 13 year kidney cancer survivor. I am feeling so great since dropping 21 lbs. and participating in a modest exercise program, but I've had some irregular blood work.


I'm lecturing myself into a positive attitude.... and filling my empty time with busy work and exercise.

Several on my blog log are battling similar problems, some worst than others. Maybe this blogging is some kind of therapy!

I seek some comfort in verses from my religious background.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. [Matthew 6:34]

4 comments:

Sniffles and Smiles said...

I will pray like crazy...I know how anxious a time this can be!!!! Thanks for sharing! You are inspiring! ~Janine XO

Arkansas Patti said...

Fellow cancer survivor here and you are so right. No check up comes without anxiety. After nine years, I still can't muster a normal blood pressure due to the concern before tests.
Hope your tests go smooth as glass.
You are doing everything right, keep up the good work.
Let us know.

Anonymous said...

I read your post with interest. I hope things work out for you. My wife has had breast cancer twice -- ten years apart -- once in each breast.

I have heart problems and lung problems. All related to those free cigarettes the Army gave me for several years packed in with my C-rations. Anyway, I find it hard to breathe and my lung doctors said my lungs are shot.

So I blog. If I bend over I can't get my breath when I get back up and it takes a while. Just thought I would say hi. I am 74 - will be 75 in October.

You can click on my name and when you do you will see a selection of blogs. They are all about photography or mostly since that is what I do nowadays.

I was just talking to ArkansasPatti who posted about picking beans when she was a kid to make 75 cents spending money. I was telling her about picking tomatoes for 10 cents a hamper. It is a small world.

Abe Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio

Lorna said...

Your patience and courage shine through on this post. i can't imagine going through that kind of uncertainty without whinging and whining.